From 1896 through 1905, West Boylston, MA saw the construction of the Wachusett Reservoir. Unfortunately, this resulted in the destruction of mills, farms, and homes as the valley was flooded by the new reservoir. The only structure left standing in that valley was the Old Stone Church which was completed in 1892. This was actually the second structure built on that location, replacing an earlier building finished in 1832. In 1973, the Old Stone Church was declared a National Landmark. It's a great location for photos, especially the creepy interior.